Expert Witness Services
The Chartered Building Surveyors & Chartered Engineers at Richard Jackson have established a reputation as experienced & effective experts in a range of commercial & residential disputes.
We frequently act as single joint expert on construction & property disputes and are equally happy to provide guidance ahead of litigation by individual clients. Members of our team regularly appear in the High Court, in particular the TCC, and in the County Courts.
We aim to provide professional and realistic advice to our clients and pride ourselves on being proactive & flexible in finding solutions that assist in the negotiation and resolution of highly technical claims.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Quality of work by contractors or professional advisors
- Boundary disputes
- Party Wall disputes
- Health and Safety on Construction Sites
- Trips or falls associated with car parks or public highway
- Vibration due to adjacent construction work
- Flooding due to drainage failure or changes to water courses
- Failure of underpinning schemes during & post construction
- Subsidence due to trees, drains, made ground or geological features
- Heave of industrial and domestic properties
- Collapse of highways structures including bridges and retaining walls
- Highway pavement damage
- Structural deterioration due to dilapidation of adjacent buildings
- Erosion of riparian owner structures
- Rotational failure of embankments in clay
Our Chartered Surveyors & Chartered Engineers operate from our office in Colchester, London, Cambridge & Norwich to cover Suffolk, Essex, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire, London & wider East Anglia.