Corporate Social Responsibility
At Richard Jackson Ltd we believe that we have a responsibility to care for and protect the environment in which we operate.
We are fully committed to improving environmental, sustainability and waste management performance across all of our business and we will encourage our business partners and members of the wider community to join us in this effort.
We recognise that our activities have an impact on the environment in terms of the use of raw materials, emissions to air and water, waste generation and seek to minimise this as far as is reasonably practicable.
It is the policy of Richard Jackson Ltd to:
- Make efficient use of natural resources by conserving energy and water
- Minimising waste, and recycle where possible
- Be compliant with all environmental legislation, regulations and codes of practices relevant to the industry sector in which we operate
- Use recycled construction materials wherever these can be commercially justified
- Keep transportation to a minimum and regularly service company vehicles to maintain their efficiency
- Work with suppliers to ensure that they recognise and reduce the environmental impact of their products and transportation
- Publicise and promote our environmental policy to all our staff and clients
- Train employees in good environmental practice and encourage employee involvement in environmental action
- Include environmental and ethical considerations in investment decisions where appropriate
- Continually assess the environmental impact on all our operations and identify areas where we can minimise impacts on the environment
Richard Jackson Ltd review this policy on an annual basis, taking account of any changes within legislation, our organisation or other contributing factors via our Intranet we will communicate this policy to all our employees and ensure that they are given appropriate training to raise awareness of environmental issues.